Green Chimneys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V).
Start Over with Job Search
Brewster Main Campus
Regular Full Time (40 hrs/wk)
Under the direction of the Residential Treatment Administrator, the Unit Supervisor is responsible for the needs of all residents in their assigned Unit. The Unit Supervisor is expected to exemplify the agency’s values and to reflect the philosophy of Green Chimneys in his/her delivery of services to all residents and families at Green Chimneys. The Unit Supervisor will use independent judgment in maintaining smooth daily operations within the Unit and will ensure the delivery of quality, therapeutic treatment of all residents.
This position is solely responsible for all aspects of the day to day operations of the Unit. This includes, but is not limited to the following job duties:
• Responsible for scheduling staff in order to assure that mandated coverage levels are met
• Responsible for the direct supervision of assigned staff
• Completion of annual performance appraisals of assigned staff
• Meet with staff on a regular basis and prepare appropriate documentation
• Attend treatment team meetings and ensures team decisions are implemented within the program
• Complete all assigned paperwork/monthly progress notes, weekly ratings, bi-weekly mentoring notes, monthly activity planner, bi-weekly clothing inventory
• Weekly supervision of Youth Counselors
• Weekly dorm resident meeting facilitation and documentation
• Timely delivery of Medication checks
• Individual and group counseling
• Complete daily and monthly assigned paperwork
• Implement treatment program as it applies to the Unit
• Act as role a model – provide leadership
Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services field required; a minimum of 4 years' experience in a residential child care setting, with at least 2 years at the supervisory level is also required. Must obtain TCI Trainer certification.
Other Job Information (if applicable):