Green Chimneys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V).
Start Over with Job Search
Crisis Prevention Specialist
Brewster Main Campus
Regular Full Time (40 hrs/wk)
Working within the Residential Program, this person will facilitate treatment for children in crisis. He/she will work collaboratively with the Respite program to ensure children are provided with individualized services geared towards returning them to regular programming. This position will also assist and support employees who are involved in crisis situations.
Specific duties include:
1. Provide Post Crisis Response interviews and follow up with staff involved
2. Create and manage children's Individual Crisis Management Plans and Respite Plans
3. Responsible for the care of children who have experienced behavioral and crisis situations and are not able to return to their regular program
4. Ensure that services are being provided as planned
5. Provide peer supervision to provide proper orientation between new staff and the respite program
A Bachelor's Degree in Human Services and four years' experience in providing direct services to children with serious emotional disturbances OR a Master's Degree in Human Services or related field and two years' experience in providing services to children with serious emotional disturbances. Must be certified as a TCI Trainer or be able to become certified. Valid driver's license and clean driving record required.
Other Job Information (if applicable):